Subway Productions

independent comic book creators based in Metro Manila, Philippines

Saturday, July 21, 2007

KOMIKS.PH

Please check out the komiks.ph, the newest Filipino comics portal.

Komiks.ph is a blog featuring everything that is Filipino Comics. It is also a blog host exclusively for Filipino Comics creators, producers, and historians.
They aim to show everybody what Filipino Comics has already achieved, what it is currently doing, and what it is capable of in the future. They want to help people believe that as an industry, there is a bright future just ahead.

Check it out yourself by clicking the link in the left.

Good News for Indies!

This is a post from libro.ph:

With permission by the Book Development Association Of The Philippines and the National Book Development Board, Read Or Die is inviting independent and small press publishers to sell their books (including comics, folios, magazines and chapbooks) at the 28th Manila International Book Fair. All merchandise will be consigned at the booths of the National Book Development Board and will be sold either by Read Or Die or NBDB staffers.

Go to libro.ph for more details.

Costripping at the World Cyber Games 2007 Philippine Finals

My sister, Jennivy, wanted to know how it feels like to participate in a cosplay and wanted my 3-year-old nephew Zyj to experience it. So I dared her to join the cosplay competition by Animax for the Philippine leg of the 2007 World Cyber Games. She accepted and even wanted my nephew to join. She dared me back that I couldn't do it. I accepted and we all ended up up participating.
She concewived that we join as characters in the same show. She decided to cosplay characters from Detective Conan since it the character of Shinichi will be perfect for my nephew. She dressed up as Ran Mouri, the love interest of Shinichi while I became Inspector Megure.

Below are pictures we got from the event:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Although tiring, it was fun especially for my nephew who was really a crowd favorite. He looked really cute! We got intervied on stage and by a GMA 7 news crew though we don't know if it ever get to the boob tube. My sister loved the experience and wanted to join the next cosplay. For me, I think I'll think about it. It's hard to find characters with my heavy body build.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home